Other Backward Classes (OBC) Certificate Certificate in Delhi
Eligibility Criteria :-
In accordance with Notification No.F.28(93)/91-92/SCST /P&S/4385-95 dated 20-01-1995 of Govt. of NCT of Delhi, 53 Castes have been notified as Other Backward Castes (OBCs) for the purpose of reservation of 27% vacancies in Civil posts/Services under the Govt. of NCT of Delhi (including vacancies in Public Sector Undertaking/Local bodies under Govt. of Delhi) to be filled in by direct recruitment for members of these castes.
Click here for Names of the said 53 Castes.
Further, a Commission known as "Commission for Other Backward Classes of the National Capital Territory of Delhi" is constituted in Delhi as a permanent body, to examine and recommend requests for inclusion and complaints of over-inclusion and under-inclusion in the list of Other Backward Classes.
Papers / Documents Required :-
- Application form completely filled.
- Birth Certificate or School Certificate..
- Two Passport Size Photographs (One should be attested by the Gazetted Officer).
- Copy of Ration Card as Proof of Residence.
- Affidavit showing the caste, income and agricultural land owned by the applicant, if any..
- Pay Certificate of the last month, in case of Govt. employees.
- Copy of O.B.C. Certificate of father/brother, if any.
- A letter from the Registered Society of the Caste, if any.
- In case of married woman :- Either Affidavit from her father showing his income and caste or Copy of O.B.C. Certificate of the father/brother, if any.
In case where the applicant has appended the OBC certificate of his father issued from other State, the authenticity of father’s certificate may be ascertained from issuing authority.
A local enquiry is conducted in all cases to verify applicant’s residence/income/caste and whether he/she belongs to the ‘creamy layer’.